Ferretry Lelibel has a (long) break
After thinking a long time during winter, I keep feeling uncomfortable with the upcoming season of 2018. Because skipping a year is not an option for a jill, I decided to stop breeding for now. Main reasons:
- I can not offer kits the health and medical security as I am used to (see werkgroep-fret.nl/en if you are not familiar with the problems at the moment). Looking at the new life that I create, I do not consider that fair for the kits.
- I hardly have any reservations this year.
- I fear a year in which we are only allowed to feed kibble and sterile food (no raw).
- Fé may still be able to pass on some inflammatory cells through her milk.
- Because of the medical problems, I have lost both my lines and therefore a lot of passion.
- The care for 7 ferrets on a daily basis is a lot, which I would like to reduce so that I have more time, freedom and finances.